Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oracle Data Integrator - Some Information

The Oracle Data Integration Suite at-a-glance:

Oracle adds Data Integration Suite to middleware family
Source: http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid41_gci1297749,00.html

The suite also combines Oracle's SOA-based Business Process Management and change management capabilities with Oracle-Hyperion's Master Data Management (MDM) capabilities. Oracle acquired Hyperion last March as part of an ongoing, high-profile acquisition spree.

Potential Data Integration Suite buyers also have the option to incorporate Oracle's in-memory data grid technology. Analysts say that storing data in-memory reduces performance overhead and speeds up the process of retrieving data that exists on the virtual or middleware layer.

The new suite, which comes with the Oracle Data Integrator E-LT technology, also incorporates two relatively new products -- Oracle Data Profiling and Oracle Data Quality for Oracle Data Integrator -- which were developed in conjunction with Harte-Hanks Trillium Software.

Oracle says the two products extend the data quality features of Data Integrator to provide added data governance capabilities.

Oracle Data Profiling is a quality monitoring tool that allows users to assess the quality of their data through metrics, to discover or infer rules based on this data, and to monitor the evolution of data quality over time, according to Oracle.

Oracle Data Quality for Data Integrator employs a rules-based engine to help users ensure data quality and conduct name and address cleansing as data integration efforts move forward.

With the new Data Integration Suite, Oracle is sending the message that "no matter what solution you have, no matter where you go, you don't have to worry about where your data is," Wang said. "You can keep a single source of truth with Oracle."


The new Oracle Data Integration Suite includes the following:-
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager
- Oracle Enterprise Service Bus
- Oracle Application Server
- Oracle-Hyperion Data Relationship Manager
- Oracle B2B Engine
- Oracle Business Rule Engine

Optional features are priced separately and include:
- Oracle Data Quality for Data Integrator
- Oracle Data Profiling
- Coherence Data Grid
- Legacy Adapters
- Applications Adapters
- B2B Adapters
- Unstructured Content Adapters

Oracle Data Integrator 10g Suite includes:

Oracle Data Integrator Agent
Oracle Data Integrator Designer
Oracle Data Integrator Operator
Oracle Data Integrator Security Manager
Oracle Data Integrator Topology Manager
Oracle Data Integrator Metadata Navigator
Oracle Data Integrator Lightweight Designer
Oracle Data Integrator Driver for XML
Oracle Data Integrator Driver for LDAP
Oracle Data Integrator Knowledge Modules
Oracle Data Profiling
Oracle Data Quality for Data Integrator

Good to start with:
a. ODI OTN Article: http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/rittman-odi.html
b. Very useful White paper to understand Data Services and ODI Features -
http://me.jtpollock.us/pubs/
c. Gartner Research -
http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=599407&ref=g_sitelink
d. ODI Documentation -
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oracle-data-integrator/10.1.3/htdocs/
1013_support.html

e. ODI Main Product Page -
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oracle-data-integrator/index.html

Will write more on each of interesting ODI features like CDC, developing Custom Knowledge Modules, Human Workflow integration, and developing BI dashboards, and many more.

Cheers,
Ananthalakshmi

1 comment:

spkv9xz9 said...

I am Amane Matsumoto. I am from Japan.
I am makie-shi (Japanese lacquer artist) and shoka(Japanese calligrapher).
I have spent my life working on traditional Japanese lacquer(urushi).
I am the Kyoto style artist and I have samurai soul.
I can make samurai maetate of Japanese helmets ,inro ,saya of Japanese sword ,gold Japanese lacquer boxes and so on.I have the highest skill in Japan.

Japanese lacquer art is made with gold ,silver ,platinum and so on.
The subjects I pick are very often nature.

I admire Mr.Lawrence Joseph Ellison in every way.
I am very happy that he research and learn
about Japanese culture and arts like Zen.I think he is a true samurai.

I'd like to ask him to become my patron.
He must have been extra busy , but if he would not mind helping me get through this tough competition, that would be tremendously appreciated.
I sent my work(sho) and the photograph of my work(urushi)to Oracle head office. But I hardly ever get back his reply.
It may be that he doesn't get my photos and works.

Could you help me?
I'm at a loss. But I can not want to give up.
I would like to contact him.
I would like to go to America to meet him.
I'd like to ask him to become my patron.
I wish I could contact him somehow or other.
Could you help me? My Email Address is spkv9xz9@yahoo.co.jp .

Thank you so much for your kind reply.